Repeat after the tutor.
- I talk as much as girls talk (=do).
- We word as hard as they work (=do).
- They talked as loudly as we talked (=did).
- You can ask me as much as you want.
- Exercise as often as you can.
- She doesn’t smile as beautifully as you smile(=do).
- I can sing as high as birds sing (=do).
- We can’t run as fast as tigers run (=do).
- Can you drive as fast as Greg drives (=does)?
- Can you jump as high as Michael Jordan jumps (=does)?
- Laugh as much as you want.
- Take as much as you need.
- I drink as much as my father drinks/does.
- I eat as much as my friends eat/do.
- I sleep as long as my husband sleeps/does.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|fluent||(ad) able to speak a language easily and very well
e.g. a fluent speaker of Chinese
|laugh||(v) to show that you are happy or that you think something is funny by smiling and making a sound from your throat
e.g. What are you laughing about?
|loud||(ad) making or causing a lot of noise : strong and noticeable in sound
e.g. She complained in a loud voice.
|smoothly||(adv) without any problems or difficulties
e.g. The whole trip went very smoothly.
|naturally||(adv) used to describe something that happens or exists by itself without being controlled or changed by someone
e.g. Her hair curls naturally.
|swallow||(v) to take (something) into your stomach through your mouth and throat
e.g. He swallowed the grape whole.
|pill||(n) a small, rounded object that you swallow and that contains medicine, vitamins, etc.
e.g. She took a pill for her headache.
|enemy||(n) someone who hates another : someone who attacks or tries to harm another
e.g. He made a lot of enemies during the course of his career.
|type||(v) to write with a computer keyboard or typewriter
e.g. How fast can you type?
|Aches and pains||(phrasal verb) many small pains that happen at the same time and make people feel uncomfortable.
e.g. Symptoms of the flu include fever, general aches and pains, and sore throat.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- take / need / much / as / you / as / .
- as / I / far / as / ran away / Mike / ran away(did) / .
- pills / I / swallow(do) / can’t / as / fast / swallow / you / as / .
- miss / do/ me / much / you / as / I / miss / as / you / ?
- type(do) / can / fast / type / as / you / as / I / ?
- Correct the following sentences.
- I drank as much as my boss drink/does.
- I can sing as low as the singer sing/do.
- She can see the far as Wonder Woman sees/does.
- I swam as fast as I can.
- Do you hate to work as much as you hate your boyfriend?
- Answer the following questions.
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- According to an old Greek proverb, “All things good to know are difficult to learn.” Do you agree? Why or why not?
- Sometimes lies can have serious consequences. Describe a time when a lie had a major consequences for you.