Repeat after the tutor.
- I talk as much as girls talk (=do).
- We word as hard as they work (=do).
- They talked as loudly as we talked (=did).
- You can ask me as much as you want.
- Exercise as often as you can.
- She doesn’t smile as beautifully as you smile (=do).
- I can sing as high as birds sing (=do).
- We can’t run as fast as tigers run (=do).
- Can you drive as fast as Greg drives (=does)?
- Can you jump as high as Michael Jordan jumps (=does)?
- Laugh as much as you want.
- Take as much as you need.
- I drink as much water as my father does.
- I eat as much as my friends eat (=do).
- I sleep as long as my husband sleeps (=does).
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|fluent||(adj) able to speak a language easily and very well
e.g. You speak English as fluently as I do.
|sleep||(v) to rest your mind and body by closing your eyes and becoming unconscious
e.g. Do you like to sleep as often as you can?
|uniform||(n) a special kind of clothing that is worn by all the members of a group or organization (such as an army or team)
e.g. Try to wash your uniform as often as you can.
|smoothly||(adv) without any problems or difficulties
e.g. The whole trip went as smoothly as we hoped.
|naturally||(adv) used to describe something that happens or exists by itself without being controlled or changed by someone
e.g. Her hair was as naturally curly as mine.
|swallow||(v) to take (something) into your stomach through your mouth and throat
e.g. Try to swallow as much as you can.
|pill||(n) a small, rounded object that you swallow and that contains medicine, vitamins, etc.
e.g. The doctor said you cannot take this pill as often as you want.
|enemy||(n) someone who hates another : someone who attacks or tries to harm another
e.g. He tried not to make enemies as fast as Scott did when he was there.
|type||(v) to write with a computer keyboard or typewriter
e.g. Can you type as fast as I can on the computer?
|pamper||(v) to treat (someone or something) very well : to give (someone or something) a lot of attention and care
e.g. Allow yourself to be pampered as often as you would like.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- take / need / much / as / you / as / .
- as / I / far / as / ran away / Mike / ran away(did) / .
- pills / I / swallow(do) / can’t / as / fast / swallow / you / as / .
- miss / do/ me / much / you / as / I / miss / as / you / ?
- type(do) / can / fast / type / as / you / as / I / ?
- Correct the following sentences.
- I drank as much as my boss drink/does.
- I can sing as low as the singer sing/do.
- She can see the far as Wonder Woman sees/does.
- I swam as fast as I can.
- Do you hate to work as much as you hate going to dentist?
- Answer the following questions.
- Do you do what you enjoy as often as you would like?
- Do you exercise as often as you should?
- Are you allowed to drive as fast as you want?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- According to an old Greek proverb, “All things good to know are difficult to learn.” Do you agree? Why or why not?
- Sometimes lies can have serious consequences. Describe a time when a lie had a major consequences for you.