Repeat after the tutor.
- What do you think she is singing?
- What do you think she is going to say?
- What do you think they are going to do?
- What do you think I do?
- What do you think I want to try?
- What do you think he has?
- What do you think they make?
- What did you think I said?
- What do you think I suggested?
- What do you think she learned?
- What do you think they changed?
- What do you think they did yesterday?
- What do you think Superman can do?
- What do you think I should do?
- What do you think she should wear?
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|wife||(n) a married woman considered in relation to her spouse
e.g. What do you think my wife will say if I forget to bring home groceries?
|wish||(v) feel or express a strong desire or hope for something that is not easily attainable; want something that cannot or probably will not happen.
e.g. What do you think will happen if I wish upon a star?
|wonderful||(adj) inspiring delight, pleasure, or admiration; extremely good; marvelous
e.g. What do you think will happen on this wonderful day?
|yellow||(adj) of the color between green and orange in the spectrum, a primary color complementary to blue; colored like ripe lemons or egg yolks.
e.g. What do you think we should do about the yellow stains on my shirt?
|yesterday||(n) the day before today
e.g. What do you think changed between yesterday and today?
|X-Ray||(n) a type of radiation that can pass through most solid materials
e.g. What do you think will be accomplished by having an X-Ray done at the hospital?
|yawn||(v) involuntarily open one’s mouth wide and inhale deeply due to tiredness or boredom
e.g. What do you think will help stop my yawn?
|zebra||(n) A zebra is an African wild horse which has black and white stripes
e.g. What do you think will happen to the zebras if we build a highway here?
|zodiac||(n) a diagram used by astrologers to represent the positions of the planets and stars, and used to try to calculate the influence of the planets, especially on someone’s life
e.g. What do you think my zodiac reading will tell me about the future?
|zucchini||(n) a green variety of smooth-skinned summer squash.
e.g. What do you think I should put this delicious zucchini in for dinner?
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- answer / what / think / do / is / the / you
- to / us / tell / do / what / think / wants / he / you
- think / do / what / should / this / write / paper / you / we / about
- to / say / him / do / what / you / should / think / she
- you / sister / bring / dinner / what / for / think / my / do / should
- Correct the following sentences.
- What do you think I should where tonight?
- What do you think his should cook?
- What do you think need to be done?
- What do you think a Superhero would do in this situation?
- What do you think I would be if I have magic powers?
- Answer the following questions.
- What do you think is tastier: chocolate ice cream or vanilla?
- What do you think you’ll do after you finish your lesson today?
- What do you think is more fun: going to a movie, or going to a park?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- What do you think it more important: career or family? Write a paragraph about why.
- Practice: pretend you’re a teacher asking students about how they are feeling in your class. What are three ‘what do you think’ questions you might ask them to see how they’re doing?