Repeat after the tutor.
- I am sorry that I am late.
- I am glad that you like it.
- She is excited that today is her birthday.
- We are happy that you are our son.
- We are shocked that he is 90.
- We are depressed that tomorrow is Monday.
- My mother was angry that I lied to her.
- It’s amazing that you are studying English.
- I know that you like English.
- I didn’t know that she was our CEO.
- He said that he broke your calculator.
- We can’t believe that this lesson is free.
- Are you happy that I am your husband?
- Do you know that tomorrow is the last day?
- Can you believe that English is easy?
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|subordinate||(adj) less important than someone or somebody else.
The cadets are subordinate to the captains.
|exile||(n) a situation in which you are forced to leave your country or home and go live in another country.
He went into exile in another country to avoid the danger in his home country.
|captor||(n) someone who has captured a person and is keeping that person as prisoner
The group fought their captors and escaped the building.
|supply||(n) the amount of something that is available to be used
The supply of stuffed bears was low due to its popularity. (v) to make something available to be used: to provide someone or something with
You’ll have to supply your own food for the trip.
|odd||(adj) strange or unusual: different from what is normal or expected
She has some odd habits
|anxious||(adj) afraid or nervous especially about what may happen
She was anxious about receiving the surgery results.
|cranky||(adj) easily annoyed or angered
Without coffee, the boss was usually in a cranky mood in the morning.
|come over||(phrasal verb) to make a social visit to someone: to change from one side to the other in a disagreement
He asked me to come over after work to finish up the project.
|company||(n) a business organization that makes, buys or sells goods or provides services in exchange for money: the state or condition of being with another person.
She began her own cupcake company with her grandma’s recipes.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- are / that / our / happy / you / are / we / son / .
- English / it’s / studying / that / you / are / amazing / .
- it / you / am / glad / I / like / that / .
- husband / are / happy / I / am / your / that / you / ?
- 90 / shocked / is / we / are / that / he / .
- Correct the following sentences.
- She is exciting that today is her birthday
- I know that you like to English.
- Can you believe that English easy?
- We depressed that tomorrow is Monday.
- We can’t believe that this lessons is free.
- Answer the following questions.
- What is something you just can’t believe?
- What is something that makes you happy?
- How do you know that you are learning?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Five a day: You’ve being exiled to a private island, and your captors will only supply you with five foods. What do you pick?
- Odd couple: Does a messy home (or office) make you anxious and cranky, or is cleaning something you just do before company comes over?