Please fill in the gaps with the correct word listed below
- He was the most competent _________ in our classroom.
2. The visitors _______ praised the amazing paintings in the gallery.
3. The lawyer didn’t want to ______on the case that he was representing in the court of law
4. Many of the ________ got the raise this month
5. The product was —– developed for the pharmaceutical industry, but it has been used in various industries.
6. My coworker _________ me how to get the promotion in the company
7. The mobile phone company only used ___________ parts for their cell phones
8. Drinking milk in the evening really is soothing, but it also makes us ____________
9. The new CEO, which took over the company is very strict, but also very ___________
10. We weren’t able to leave the office ____________ we still had a lot of work to do
11. Neither my sister __________ your brother made this mess in the kitchen
12. Both Mr. Stanley _________ Mrs. Robinson had to pay for the ticket they got
D) even if
13. __________ we finish all our obligation, we cannot go home
14. Our representatives will present the new strategies for next year ________ our CEO arrives.
15. Oracle Motors increased its sales dramatically this year _____ it brought out a new hybrid car.
D) due to
16. We have to prepare a very convincing presentation; _______________ our project will fail.
17. My colleague was calling me __________ I was calling him.
18. All the students __________ got their scholarships really have a huge responsibility now
19. The date ___________ was supposed to happen today, was canceled
20. We have to buy some ingredients ___________ are healthy
21. My friend is dating a girl _________brother plays in a famous band
- A) who
- B) whose
- C) whom
- D) which
22. Mr. Lanyon’s son, —– is a novelist, will get married next month.
- A) which
- B) who
- C) whose
- D) whoever
23. They have the right to invite ___________ they want to their party
- A) whichever
- B) wherever
- C) whoever
- D) whenever
24. Every year on my birthday, my father always gives me —- I want.
- A) where
- B) when
- C) who
- D) what