Repeat after the tutor.
- Leave now!
- Practice this sentence.
- Finish your homework today.
- Come with me.
- Drink this orange juice.
- Help your mother tomorrow.
- Be happy.
- Don’t cry.
- Don’t look at him.
- Don’t be sad.
- Work hard every day.
- Call me tomorrow.
- Use my smart phone.
- Help your sister now.
- Read this magazine.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|finish||(v) to reach the end of (something); to stop doing (something) because it is completed
e.g. You can’t watch TV until you finish your homework.
|look||(v) to direct your eyes in a particular direction
e.g. When you take a walk, look around you.
|stare (at)||(v) to look at someone or something for a long time, often with your eyes wide open
e.g. You should not stare at the sun.
|tomorrow||(n) the day after today
e.g. We need to go shopping tomorrow.
|follow||(v) to go after (someone or something); to come after or behind (someone or something)
e.g. Follow that road, and you will get to school.
|stay||(v) to continue to be in the same place or with the same person or group for a period of time; remain
e.g. Please stay seated through the entire show.
|keep a promise||(idiom) to fulfill one’s promise; to follow through or make good on a promise
e.g. You need to keep a promise for me.
|bother||(v) to cause (someone) to feel troubled, worried, or concerned
e.g. Don’t bother your mother right now, she’s very tired.
|helpful||(adj) giving help; making it easier to do a job, deal with a problem, etc.
e.g. A helpful friend offered to carry the groceries for me.
|naughty||(adj) behaving badly — used especially to describe a child who does not behave properly or obey a parent, teacher, etc.
e.g. Were you naughty today at school or did you obey the teacher?
Go over the following exercise with your tutor.
- Make a sentence.
- be / shy / don’t / .
- with me / stay / here / .
- kind / be/ to your customers / .
- tonight / be / don’t / late / .
- be / weak / never / .
- Correct the following sentences.
- Worked hard everyday.
- Call I will tomorrow.
- Being cool.
- Don’t mad.
- Don’t ate my ice cream.
- Answer the following questions.
- What does your mother tell you often?
- What do you tell your little brother/sister?
- What do you tell your friends?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Imagine you have kids. What would you tell them?
- Imagine you are the king of the world. What commands would you make?