Repeat after the tutor.
- You must eat a lot.
- She must enjoy hip hop music.
- They must like the new employee.
- She must be depressed.
- This movie must be boring.
- Her new album must be awesome.
- Mr. Cruise must not eat raw seafood.
- Kay must not like his food.
- Alisha must not be tired.
- Warren must not be selfish.
- You must like him.
- You must have a pet.
- You must be crazy.
- You must be happy.
- You must be hungry.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|deny||(v) to say that something is not true
e.g. If the police ask, you must not deny that you saw the accident.
|awesome||(adj) extremely good
e.g. She’s must be an awesome singer since she sold albums.
to separate (something) into two or more parts or pieces
|surreal||(adj) very strange or unusual : having the quality of a dream
e.g. Seeing that waterfall must have felt surreal.
|title||(n) the name given to something (such as a book, song, or movie) to identify or describe it
e.g. You must have a title for your report.
|essence||(n) the basic nature of a thing : the quality or qualities that make a thing what it is
e.g. The book’s illustrations must capture the essence of the story.
|buy out||(phrasal verb) to pay money to (someone) for his or her part of a company or team
e.g. She must buy out her partners half if she wants to manage the company the way she wants to.
|consider||(v) to think about (something or someone) carefully especially in order to make a choice or decision
e.g. You must consider all the possibilities before you make a decision.
|hunch||(v) to bend your body forward and down so that your back is rounded
e.g. You must not hunch over, it is bad for you back.
|brush off||(phrasal verb) to treat (something) as not important : to refuse to deal with or talk about (something) in a serious way
e.g. The company must be brushing off their reports since they couldn’t pay the bills.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- be / must / you / hungry / .
- enjoy / must / she / work / her / .
- must / you / believe / not / me / .
- Korean / must / they / not / be / .
- singer / must / a / not / she / be / .
- Correct the following sentences.
- You must like he.
- You must happy.
- You must not be the rich.
- You must not be a single.
- She must not has a car.
- Answer the following questions.
- What are 5 things in your life that are awesome?
- What are some things you must consider when you want to get a new job? (use “I must”)
- What are some manners that you must do when you go to a fancy restaurant? (use “I must”)
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Whoa!: What’s the most surreal experience you’ve ever had?
- All about you: Explain why you chose your blog’s title and what it means to you.