insert image here (ratio 2:1 if possible)
Repeat after the tutor.
- You must eat a lot.
- She must enjoy hip hop music.
- They must like the new employee.
- She must be depressed.
- This movie must be boring.
- Her new album must be awesome.
- Mr. Cruise must not eat kimchi.
- Kay must not like his date.
- Alisha must not be tired.
- Warren must not be selfish.
- You must like him.
- You must have a boyfriend.
- You must be crazy.
- You must be happy.
- You must be hungry.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
e.g. The rainy weather had her feeling lonely and depressed.
|awesome||(ad) extremely good
e.g. She’s an awesome singer.
|fart||(n) 1 : a release of gas from the anus, 2 : an annoying or unpleasant person
e.g. a cranky old fart
|Buy in||(phrasal verb) to buy a large amount of (something)
e.g. Be sure to buy in a lot of tinned food in case we’re snowed up.
|Buy into||(phrasal verb) to pay money in order to own part of (something, such as a company or sports team)
e.g. Investors are buying into Internet companies.
|Buy off||(phrasal verb) to give money to (someone) for illegal or dishonest help
e.g. Many believe that Jones bought off the police so that he would not be investigated for the murder.
|Buy out||(phrasal verb) to pay money to (someone) for his or her part of a company or team
e.g. She bought out her partners so that she could manage the company the way she wanted to.
|Buy up||(phrasal verb) to pay money for all or a large part of (something)
e.g. She is buying up all the artist’s early work.
|Brush aside||(phrasal verb) to treat (something) as not important : to ignore or dismiss (something)
e.g. He brushed aside questions about his son’s arrest.
|Brush off||(phrasal verb) to treat (something) as not important : to refuse to deal with or talk about (something) in a serious way
e.g. The company brushed off reports that it couldn’t pay its bills.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- be / must / you / hungry / .
- enjoy / must / she / work / her / .
- must / you / believe / not / me / .
- Korean / must / they / not / be / .
- singer / must / a / not / she / be / .
- Correct the following sentences.
- You must like he.
- You must happy.
- You must not be the rich.
- You must not be a single.
- She must not has a car.
- Answer the following questions.
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Whoa!: What’s the most surreal experience you’ve ever had?
- All about you: Explain why you chose your blog’s title and what it means to you.