Repeat after the tutor.
- Drink water as soon as wake up.
- Scream as soon as you see the terrorist.
- Wash your hair as soon as you come home.
- Let’s watch this movie as soon as he comes back.
- I want to go to Disneyland as soon as I arrive in California.
- I passed out as soon as I saw the ghost.
- I stopped as soon as I saw the bear.
- She went to work as soon as she finished exercising.
- He found a job as soon as he came back from America.
- They read the book as soon as they bought it.
- It rained as soon as I washed my car.
- My dog barked as soon as I opened the door.
- Did you watch this movie as soon as it came out?
- Did she throw up as soon as she smelled it?
- Did she cry as soon as she saw it?
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|stuck in your head||(adj) difficult or impossible to move from a position
I hope that song isn’t stuck in your head.
|permanent||(adj) lasting or continuing for a very long time or forever: not temporary or changing
She couldn’t clean the permanent stain on the carpet.
|rotation||(n) the act or process of moving or turning around a central point
The earth makes its rotation around the sun.
|encounter||(v) to have or experience: to meet someone without expecting or intending to
She will encounter a problem if she doesn’t get that fixed.
|fleeting||(adj) not lasting: lasting only for a short time
I cherish these fleeting moments with my grandchildren.
|creep on||(phrasal verb) to slowly and quietly move closer to someone without being noticed
His old age creeps up on him.
|eavesdrop||(v) to listen secretly to what other people are saying
The children wanted to eavesdrop on the parents’ important conversation.
|lash out||(phrasal verb) to make a sudden and angry attack against someone
He tended to lash out at his employees.
|lay out||(phrasal verb) to place something on a surface in a carefully arranged way
Will you lay out the decorations, please?
|level with||(phrasal verb) to speak honestly to someone
She wanted a conversation to level with me about what was going on.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- call / you / you / get / it / as / soon / Will / as / ?
- went / could / he / as / soon / He / as / .
- me / score / your / Tell / as / you / soon / as/ can / .
- stopped / to / as / soon / I / as / they / said / .
- Run / you / to / as / soon / faster / as / tells / he / .
- Correct the following sentences.
- Please leave as soon they come.
- He wanted to go to the store soon as he had money.
- Are you going as soon as can?
- Please brew coffee as you get up.
- Eat an apple, as soon as, you get home.
- Answer the following questions.
- What do you do as soon as you get home for the day?
- What do you do as soon as you get to the grocery store?
- What things do you open as soon as you get?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Earworm: What song is stuck in your head (or on permanent rotation in your CD or MP3 player) these days? Why does it speak to you?
- Stranger: Have you ever had a random encounter or fleeting moment with a stranger that stuck with you?