Repeat after the tutor.
- I am late because of my homework.
- I am studying math because of my father.
- I am living in Australia because of my business.
- He is working every day because of his debts.
- We are excited because of the musical.
- Jake fell because of my mistake.
- We got fired because of your mistake.
- I failed the test because of my friend.
- We arrived late because of the car accident.
- Is it because of me?
- Is she happy because of her success?
- Are you sad because of your score?
- Are they running because of the rain?
- Are they laughing because of your joke?
- Did they sue you because of their loss?
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|escape||(v) to get away from a place where you are being held or kept
When the boat started to sink, the crew needed to escape.
|ultimate||(adj) happening or coming at the end of a process: greatest or most extreme
Their ultimate travel location on their trip was France.
|transport||(v) to carry (someone or something) from one place to another
The buses from the hotel transport people to the airport for their flight.
|sensation||(n) a particular feeling or effect that your body experiences
When the bee stung her, she had a prickling sensation in her arm.
|recall||(v) to remember something from the past: to ask or order something be returned
I don’t recall what time the teacher was arriving to class.
|aware||(adj) knowing that something (such as a situation, condition or problem) exists
I was aware that we didn’t meet our sales goal.
|thrill||(n) a feeling of great excitement or happiness
The thrill of the roller coaster ride kept me awake.
|nostalgia||(n) pleasure or sadness that is caused by remembering something from the past and wishing that you could experience it again
I felt a sense of nostalgia when I walked into my childhood room.
|perceive||(v) to notice or become aware of something
I perceived that she had been upset due to her red eyes.
|scheme||(n) a clever and often dishonest plan to do or get something
They planned a scheme to cheat people out of their paychecks.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- teacher / The / student / of / the / because / smiled / .
- sick / He / got / cold / of / because / the / .
- dinner / She / plans / his / of / because / made / .
- missed / I / bus / because / the / him / of / .
- earned / because / more / I / comments / of / her / .
- Correct the following sentences.
- The girl went shopping because the sale.
- He sent it back, because of the price.
- She failed the quiz because of she didn’t study.
- The teacher decided to read, of her extra time.
- The computer shut down, because of the cold weather.
- Answer the following questions.
- What is a reason why the grass is green?
- What is a reason why someone would arrive late to a meeting?
- Why would someone need boots?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Escape! Describe your ultimate escape plan (and tell us what you’re escaping from).
- The transporter :Tell us about a sensation — a taste, a smell, a piece of music — that transports you back to childhood.